How to create optimized content for SEO and for your buyer person
Date : July 15, 2019 By
You may wonder how content marketing can help you with your brand’s SEO and to make your target fall in love. Inbound marketing campaigns are based on this. Combine technical SEO elements with relevant and valuable content to attract your “buyer person”.
The creation of content that provides value cannot be missing if you want to make effective content marketing. But there are more aspects to consider. We reveal them to you next.
Why does content marketing help improve positioning?
SEO and content marketing, as part of a common strategy, complement each other. Let’s not forget that Google considers more relevant web pages with a large amount of content. Of course, that content must have certain characteristics for robots to position it in a good place. And that’s where SEO comes in.
One of the most practical ways to provide content to a web page is to include a blog where tickets are published frequently.
In the articles we can use different keywords or keywords that help improve search engine positioning. In addition, if the publication is useful, easy to read and with interesting content for your “buyer person”, the average time spent by users increases.
Both factors are important for SEO.
How to establish the appropriate content for your buyer person?
The first step to create a content marketing strategy that helps SEO positioning is to know your buyer persona. Depending on the sector of your company, the ideal customer profile will have different characteristics. And the content you offer must meet your expectations: be informed, have fun, learn…
Knowing your buyer person is important to determine what tone you should use when you write. If your website is dedicated to youth fashion, the tone should be close and casual.
Another important aspect of the blog is the format. The video, the infographics and the images facilitate the comprehension of the content and make it more enjoyable, which influences the time spent on the web. As we said, this is good for SEO.
Building your buyer persona is a complex process that requires time and a thorough analysis. You will need to gather demographic information, behavior guidelines, needs and motivations.
To help you define the profile you can start by asking yourself questions of the type:
- What information channels do you use?
- What knowledge do you have of your brand?
- How can your business help you solve your problems?
- What other interests do you have?
All the content that you generate must go to this archetype of client that we call “buyer person”.
SEO, buyer person and content marketing
The key to achieving optimized content are the keywords. Beyond the purely technical SEO, the search for keywords must be done according to the interests of the “buyer person” of your product or service.
The goal of optimization is to appear in the best positions of the search results to increase web traffic. Therefore, the selection of keywords must also take into account the volume of searches and their difficulty to position themselves in the search engines.
In short, this process is to find the perfect relationship between the interests of the buyer person and the opportunities of web traffic. The content of the blog should be created from the keywords that your “buyer person” enters in the search engines.
The keyword search
Finding the best keywords is the basis of SEO positioning. However, this is the most complicated part, since it requires an in-depth analysis of the searches of your “buyer person” on the Internet.
The keywords can be classified into two categories: according to the user’s intention and according to the volume of searches. The user’s intention can be informative, transactional or navigational. Depending on the volume of searches, we classify the keywords into three types:
- Head – They are the most generic, with a large volume of searches and a lot of competition.
- Middle Tail – More specific terms within the segment.
- Long Tail – They are more concrete expressions and with little competition.
Although they have less volume of searches, the long tail are easier to position because they have less competition.
A good way to find keywords for your content is to analyze the keywords by which your competition is positioned.
Tips for creating optimized content for SEO
Next, you have a list of tips that will help you optimize the contents of your blog according to the parameters that Google values.
- The title should contain the main keyword and be eye-catching to the reader.
- The first paragraph should summarize the content in an attractive way, since it depends in many cases on whether the user continues reading or not.
- The density of the keyword throughout the text should not exceed 2%.
- The ideal extension of the articles is around 1,500 words.
- Missing spelling, grammatical errors and inconsistencies do not affect the SEO but keep your readers away.
- The titles and subtitles well labeled with H1, H2, H3 help SEO positioning.
- The meta description helps the user click on the article, since the keywords of their search are shown in bold.
- The internal links increase the time of permanence and improve.
Do you think that content marketing can be useful to position your website? Tell me what you think.